Wimbledon Themed Group
Have fun at Wimbledon without leaving Wales! Hold your own event with tennis themed activities, food and drink. Strawberries and cream, anyone?
Items you might need:
- Fly swatters (Optional item, can be bought online for a reasonable price)
- Tennis quizzes (such as the one in our Resources section)
- Wimbledon themed food (e.g. scones, jam, cream, strawberries, Pimm’s style drink)
- Balloon Badminton: Start with blowing up a load of balloons. Give everyone a fly swatter if you have them or people can use their hands. Get participants to hit balloons back and forth to each other. This is a fun, physical activity to play.
- Quiz round: Use a quiz from our Resources section (e.g. the tennis quiz) to continue the festive fun. This is a good activity for reminiscence and cognitive stimulation.
- Wimbledon food: Get the group involved in prepping Wimbledon themed food. For example, cut scones in half and spread on jam and cream or share bowls of strawberries and cream.
Party drinks: Create themed mocktails for people to replicate cocktails and Pimm’s. You could use diet lemonade, apple squash and add strawberries, raspberries and mint.