Arrange flowers and decorate a vase to play with colour, composition, touch and smell.
Items you’ll need:
- Plastic pots (pint sized)
- A mixture of flowers
- Decorating materials (stickers, buttons, gems)
Where to buy
Below are some examples of where you can buy similar products to those we use.
- Plastic pots – Local bargain stores sell plastic storage pots, which work well as vases. Aim for a pint-sized pot.
- Flowers – Cheap, pretty flowers from a local shop such as Lidl.
- Decorating materials – Local value shops (such as Poundland) have great sticker packs.
- Give everyone a pot each.
- Share stickers, tissue paper, ribbons and any other decorative materials around the table.
- Start sticking items onto the pot however you like!
- You can make this seasonal around Christmas or Easter by theming the decorating materials and adding relevant flowers.
- Once the pot is decorated, share flowers to start arranging.
- Encourage participants to smell and touch the flowers and reminisce on what it reminds them of.