Chocolate Mug Cake
We recently held an online session where we sent out supplies for putting together a delicious mug cake and then baked it together with attendees!
Here’s some photos from preparing the session, plus the recipe itself if you want to try it out!
Recipe from BBC GoodFood
- 4 tbsp self-raising flour
- 4 tbsp caster sugar
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 medium egg
- 3 tbsp milk
- 3 tbsp vegetable oil or sunflower oil
- a few drops of vanilla essence or other essence (orange or peppermint work well)
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins etc (optional)
- Add 4 tbsp self-raising flour, 4 tbsp caster sugar and 2 tbsp cocoa powder to the largest mug you have (to stop it overflowing in the microwave) and mix.
- Add 1 medium egg and mix in as much as you can, but don’t worry if there’s still dry mix left.
- Add the 3 tbsp milk, 3 tbsp vegetable or sunflower oil and a few drops of vanilla essence and mix until smooth, before adding 2 tbsp chocolate chips, nuts, or raisins, if using, and mix again.
- Centre your mug in the middle of the microwave oven and cook on High for 1½ -2 mins, or until it has stopped rising and is firm to the touch.